If you have taken a walk in the village recently, you may have seen the new Winter Lake Access Point that was constructed near the beach. This access point will allow residents of the Village of Shields to have easier access to the ice in the wintertime for ice fishing, and other winter activities. Please see some important information about this Winter Lake Access point.
- The Winter Lake Access will always have a gate across to prohibit those who are not residents of the village from using it.
- Any Shields resident who is interested in obtaining a key for this Lake Access will be required to pay a $100 refundable deposit on a key.
- Sharing keys is not permitted, and the deposit will not be returned if the key is lost.
- If the key is returned, the deposit will be refunded.
- This key will only allow access to the gate during the winter months, as this is a winter lake access, and cannot be used for any watercraft launching in the summertime.
If you are interested in a key, please respond to this email. We will be sending out key registration forms to those who are interested in the lake access when they are available. Keys will be allotted on a first come first serve basis while quantifies last. To guarantee a key for yourself if you are interested, please respond to this email so we can ensure we purchase the correct quantity of keys.