The Resort Village of Shields has instated a PARTIAL FIRE BAN.
And outdoor fires as per Bylaw 4-99
- a camp fire or outdoor fireplace used for recreational purposes;
- an outdoor fire using charcoal or cut, seasoned wood.
- when the fire is contained in a non-combustible receptacle constructed of cement, brick or sheet metal with a minimum
- 18-gauge thickness and covered with a heavy gauge metal screen with openings not exceeding .51 inches (13 millimeters). The size
- of the fire box of any receptacle must not exceed .8 cubic yards (.61 cubic meters).
Your cooperation is anticipated as the area is very dry.